Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Musings on May 1st
- Yesterday, Maya had her first in-costume rehearsal for Saturday's spring dance recital. The class is doing a Madeline routine, and Maya is playing Miss Clavel. If you've never walked down the Main Street of your city with a seven-year-old dressed as a Parisian nun...well, it's an experience.
- Temperatures around here are expected to climb into the 80s by tomorrow! And last week I had the kids in winter coats. Sounds about right. Poor Noah has been so confused about the weather lately. "Mommy, I don't need a coat because it's springtime and spring is warm." Yes, dear, it is. In books. And Texas.
- Three members of our family are currently campaigning hard for a dog. (I'm one of them!) The lone holdout may read this post, so feel free to leave any lovely comments about the joys of dog-ownership, and how it enriches family life.
- Mark started a new position at work this week, and I'm so proud of him. He's pretty great. (Now if only he'd cave a little on this dog thing...)
- I've started reading Brandon Hatmaker's Barefoot Church, and have decided it's now official that both Hatmakers are trying to totally mess me up. And it's probably a good thing.
- May means four more weeks of school and preschool, one more week of dance class, and four more weeks of piano lessons, and Music Together. I cannot WAIT to be in summer-schedule-mode! (Although it also means we should really figure out the whole next school year thing...)
- May also means no TV re-runs ... but also the end of another season. Which means saying goodbye to the Dunfees and Hecks, the Leslie Knope campaign, and Jess & the New Girl guys until next fall. *sigh* (Anybody know a premiere date yet for SYTYCD?)
- I'm mailing a copy of Spirit-Led Parenting to Singapore this week, at the request of a mom who saw it featured on one of the blog tour stops. I think that's pretty fun!
* * * *
<p><a href="http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=587">Image: dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net</a></p>