Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Spirit-Led Parenting : Four more days!
Today is Wednesday.
Count along here for a moment...Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. April 1st. Release day for Spirit-Led Parenting: From Fear to Freedom in Baby's First Year.
A few people have asked me how I'm feeling just days away from such a huge life event. So here's a glimpse into my mental swirly-ness today:
1. How is this happening??
2. Oh, right. It's all God's grace. And also, Jonathan Brink and Civitas Press.
3. I really hope we caught most of the typos.
4. I really, really hope people like this book. (I know the right thing would be to not care so much because we've done our best to be obedient and that's what matters. I get that. But I will confess that I still care a lot.)
5. On a related note: I will not let negative reviews affect me. I will not let negative reviews affect me. I will not...Oh, who am I kidding.
6. More than anything, I hope parents find encouragement in the pages of this book, and that Megan and I did the message justice in some small way.
7. I'm totally going to take a picture of my computer screen displaying the Amazon page on release day. Is that weird?
8. The support for this project - here, at SortaCrunchy, on Facebook and Twitter and in face-to-face conversation - has been overwhelming, and reading through the gorgeous endorsements we've received from people we respect so much is both staggering and humbling.
9. The thought of self-promotion makes me want to go breathe into a paper bag.
10. I'm just thankful beyond words.
* * * *